Privacy Protection Promise
Qualitas promises to protect the privacy of and safeguard all the (NPFI) information we obtain from any source about you and other customers in the following ways:
- Safeguard any (NPFI) customers share with us;
- Limit the collection and/or use of your (NFPI) from third parties;
- Permit only those Qualitas employees and/or third party entities with whom Qualitas contracts to access (NPFI) (with the exception of those entities to whom Qualitas must release this information to order to comply with any law, regulation, or court order);
- Allow only authorized Qualitas employees and third-party entities who have the proper skill in training to handle your (NPFI) to have access to the information;
- Maintain control of your (NPFI) through the use of both physical and electronic safeguards;
- Attempt to maintain the accuracy of your (NPFI) the extent possible;
- Protect your (NPFI), even if our relationship terminates.
QUALITAS DOES NOT AND WILL NOT SELL YOUR INFORMATION FOR PROFIT TO ANY THIRD PARTY ENTITY.
NPFI we may Collect from Various Sources
Qualitas collects information from its customers for use in quoting and servicing our customer’s insurance policy from the following sources:
- Your application for insurance (whether provided through an agent or a broker or directly from the customer online) which may include your name, home address, phone number(s), email addresses, driver’s license number, vehicle registration and VIN number information, social security or tax identification number, marital status and family information;
- Transactions with appointed agents or managing general agents in certain states operating on behalf of Qualitas, including your premium payment history;
- Transactions with brokers operating on your behalf that are allowed to submit applications for insurance to Qualitas, including your premium payment history;
- Information received from third-party entities when authorized under state law, including your driving record, claims history, and credit history.
THIS INFORMATION WILL ONLY BE USED BY QUALITAS IN CONNECTION WITH PROVIDING A REQUESTED SERVICE OR PRODUCT.
Sharing of Information for Non-Marketing Purposes
Qualitas will not share any (NPFI) about you except as permitted or required by law. This may include disclosures that are required to provide insurance claims or customer service, prevent fraud, perform research, or comply with the law. Recipients of this information under this section include: claim representatives, third party administrators, service providers, consumer reporting agencies, insurance agents and/or brokers, law enforcement, courts or other government agencies.
Qualitas does not disclose your (NPFI) to third-party affiliates for marketing purposes. Qualitas’ only use of this information related to marketing is to make you aware of other products and services Qualitas’ provides.
As it is the policy of Qualitas not to share your (NPFI) with any non Qualitas-affiliated entity without your consent, there is no need to “opt out.”
How we Protect and Safeguard your NPFI
Qualitas protects the privacy of your NPFI through both physical and electronic security safeguards. These safeguards ensure only skilled, authorized employees and affiliated third-party entities with whom Qualitas contracts or law enforcement, to access any of the NPFI collected about you.
Qualitas does not and will not collect any information about you from online sources other than information provided directly to Qualities through an authorized agent or your producer. Qualitas does not store the IP addresses of any website visitor on its server nor does it allow cookies to be sent from Qualitas’ server to the visitor’s hard drive.
Reviewing Collected NPFI
Any customer whose (NPFI) is collected by us in the manners stated herein may request to review and correct of the information on file with Qualitas. Should you wish to review this information, please Fax requests to our Privacy Coordinator at (619) 795-7412 or send a written request via regular mail or email to:
Qualitas Insurance Company
101 West Broadway, Ste. 1270
San Diego, CA 92101
Qualitas will continue to evaluate its privacy practices in due to changes in technology and general business practice. At times, this will necessitate periodic revisions to this policy.
As we value our customer relationship with you, we are interested in any experience you may have in regards to Qualitas’ implementation of this policy. In that regard, Qualitas requests any questions, concerns, or suggestions in regards to this policy be submitted to our Privacy Coordinator.